Create a successful capsule wardrobe by curating a collection of versatile, timeless pieces that you can mix and match to form various looks. Markedly, the key to success lies in choosing high-quality, timeless pieces that you can wear in different ways. Looking effortless and stylish becomes a welcomed byproduct.
Here are some tips in creating your own minimalist capsule wardrobe:
- Identify your style and colour palette. It’s important to have a clear sense of who you are, what you like and what flatters you. Build a capsule wardrobe around a cohesive aesthetic.
- Invest in quality statement pieces that are unique and true to your aesthetics.
- Find the fit that flatters your body and is comfortable to wear. Furthermore, knowing a tailor or a seamstress will come in handy should you wish to replicate favourite style and fits.
- Generally, If you are not sure what your aesthetics are, start with what will fit you well and use that as a starting point.
- Moreover, get inspiration from fashion sites and those around you if you’re not sure where to start. Go with what you like and not what others say is great.
- Take note of the items you wear the most. Build your capsule wardrobe around them and have some of your favourites re-made in your favourite colours and quality fabrics.
- Don’t limit yourself. Make sure you have variety in your wardrobe to be able to create great looks that stand out.
- Keep it simple and practical. Avoid buying clothes that you will only wear a few times.
A capsule wardrobe is versatile for all occasions. Seamlessly transition from work mode to social event, while staying true to your aesthetics.
Overall, creating a capsule wardrobe can be a great way to simplify your life, save time getting dressed and looking effortless. As a result, by limiting fast fashion and focusing on timeless versatile pieces, you become a more conscious consumer, reducing your impact on the environment.
Get in touch with us for a more tailored and personal consultation to build on or start your capsule wardrobe.